Summer means fresh, juicy peaches and blueberries that taste better than at any other time of year. This simple little dish is perfect for breakfast, a snack or even to use as a topping on some sweet “nice cream”. It can be eaten hot, warm or cold. Unlike crisp or cobbler, this dish is oil-free and sugar-free, relying on the natural sweetness and juice from the fruit. If you would like it a little sweeter, you can always drizzle a little maple syrup on top.
Peach Blueberry Oats
Great for breakfast or dessert!
- 8 X 8 glass baking dish
- 4+ whole peaches, sliced Slice enough peaches to fully cover bottom of pan
- 1 dry pint / 551 ml container fresh blueberries
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water (optional) If your fruit is not super juicy, pour the water over the fruit and oats before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash and slice peaches, cutting away from the stone and spread the slices on bottom of an 8 X 8 glass baking dish
- Evenly spread blueberries on top of the peaches
- Evenly sprinkle oats on top of the blueberries
- Very lightly mix with a fork to incorporate oat layer into the fruit a little bit
- If your fruit is not the juiciest, add the water
- Dust with cinnamon
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute, then use fork to thoroughly mix the baked fruit and oats together, until the oats are moist with fruit juice
- Serve hot, warm or cold, on its own or as a topping over "nice" cream.
- Drizzle with maple syrup if you like it sweeter (optional)
You may also cook this in the microwave on High for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Stir after cooking.